Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Phuket purchases & fun



Being an asian city gal, there was nothing much I wanted to buy from the small shops at Phuket. T-shirts, thailand souveniors..none captured my interests. Worse of all, items were deliberately overpriced, just waiting for you to bargain. Really a test of bargaining skills. Imagine a haversack (can't rem the brand..probably imitation deuter) that costs $1150. I could have gotten a geninue one in SG. Even if I managed to bargain to half price, the quality was still not worth the price.
Hence my purchases at Carrefour, Phuket. 6 bras, 2 undies, 6 pairs of shoes, a haversack - all for 4500 baht, which is about $225 SG.
My only purchase at the small shop was a Bikini. Original price at 450B but i managed to get it at 260B. Quite happy with my attempt at bargaining even though I knew i could get a bikini at shopping mall at 199B. To walk to the shopping mall which was quite a distance just to buy at 50B less, I would rather pay 50B more.
260B is only $13 SG. Hubby said can bring into SG to sell considering the cheapest swimwear - the one piece is about $30 already. Somemore, there were so many designs to choose from.
Had a great time at a jazz pub called Saxophone pub. Simply great. The fellow played 3 types of saxophone. Tenor, alto, Saprino. So many people were dancing.
Fell in love with a poodle at the internet shop as hubby kept going there to surf net everyday. The poodle was adorable and the owner said he would get excited when he knew i was coming. What a smart dog. He barked when other customers entered the shop, but not at me..hahaha

2 comments:

Snowball said...

There is a survey that I need your help to do. Please check out my blog. Thanks!

Luv,
Snowball

Anonymous said...

Hi,it's called a soprano saxophone, not saprino... thanks