Saturday, May 26, 2007

who should bear the cost

Recently someone bought a kong ball from me via Yahoo Auction. I offered 3 choices of collection, meet up , normal mail or registered mail, with the buyer bearing the cost of mail. She requested the item to be sent via normal mail. So i sent and she din receive.

Been 2 weeks and now she requested for me to give her another one or refund. Like that, it means that I bear the risk lor. But since she paid for postage and she opted for normal mail when i offered registered mail, shouldn't she be the one to bear the risk? I can also suspect that she received the item but simply wanted another. Her email din sound very nice too.

Hi AudreyI bought a kong ball recently and have yet to receiveit though you said you sent it.I have checked with Yahoo Auctions and they advised meto sort it out with you before taking any furtheraction.Can you please resend the item, or offer a refund?Alternatively, I could pick it up this time.Thanks.

Anyway, strange thing is that I had indicated my return address. Even if it din get to her, it should still return to me. I pasted 5 $0.22 stamps. Even if the item dropped out, the blank envelope should still go somewhere right?

Hubby said that do business must have goodwill, then will have good reputation. So no choice but to offer her another one lor..

In future, will not give anyone normal mail option. Learnt from my lesson.

2 comments:

Snowball said...

I would have ignore that buyer. In future, state clearly on your auction that Seller(thats you) will not bare the responsibility of any lost in mail if Buyer do not opt for registered mail or simply add the amount for reistered post to the cost of the item if you don't want to let them have any choices.

Anonymous said...

get them to pay for registered mail. like that no arguement.

coz even if buyer "agree" firstly to bear the risks. later they will spread rumour say could be you cheating lor.