Monday, February 12, 2007

Spoil sport gal

Yesterday we went Sentosa swim & today - dog run.

We swam about 1 hour. A caucasion lady saw Mico shivering while clinging onto the swim float.
told me that not all dogs like swimming and commented "poor dog'.

Wondering if Mico is shivering out of cold or fear.
Everytime we reach the beach or any river/pond, she'll e brake and refused to inch any nearer. Even when i only want her to sit by the river/pond.

I've brought her swimming so many times. Yet there is no improvement to her behaviour. Maybe she really doesn't like water? But she likes the drying part when I use the towel to dry her.

Then today at dog run, another dog was happily playing fetch with his owner. Mico saw the owner throw the ball and gave chase. The dog saw it and gave up as Mico was faster. But Mico did not want to retrieve the ball upon reaching there. She just ran back to me. The owner looked at her dog and looked at Mico & me... I had to give an embarassing smile while the owner went to pick up the ball on her own.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you can try go into the water yourself and then ask Mico to come after you. Reward with treats..start with ankle deep water first.

Unknown said...

btw..i am ecbinkjet...dunno how come i got this account also..

Audrey Ang said...

you must had used gmail or adwords or adsense or any of Google's services. they now all linked up together so you are sort of auto-login unless you logged out specifically ;-)

ie, my wife use my laptop, so by default when I come see this blog, the id will show her. ;p