Thursday, March 22, 2007

In ASD record of fosterers


Seems like I am now in ASD's record of fosterers. They approached me to foster this dog, sunflower.

Poor gal. 8 years old. Abandoned in Pasir Ris. Believed to be used for breeding all her life & kept in a cage tied up. Legs deformed, skin problem now healed but left with scars. Unlike a typical JRT. Undemanding. Not toilet trained at all. Now fostered by the woman who has 6 dogs at home. Wish to pass onto me as she is unable to cope.

Can't decide if I should foster her or not. If I do, I wonder how long would the fostering period be. I guess this kind of dog will not be easily adopted unlike Boyce, young, active & cute. Later I grow too attached.

That time I fostered Boyce is because of someone's desperation. This time around, she is not so desperate hence I guess I will not offer my services unless people bug me again & again. Otherwise, why bring myself this kind of trouble. Coming home after work to clean pee & poo which is all over the kitchen is no fun. 8 years old dog, though trainable, will be more difficult to toilet train than a young dog. Especially she comes from a pet farm where she is used to filthy conditions.

Anyway Boyce is happy with his family and attached to them. Good for him.

No comments: