Saturday, March 17, 2007

My beloved Boyce - Adopted




Boyce has been adopted. The Ah Peh, his wife, teenage son & elderly mother has adopted him. They seemed to be a nice family. A retired malenurse who had numerous dogs before, a keen son eager to have a dog and a friendly mother. They gave up a beagle to someone else as it was not HDB approved. That was my only concern. Otherwise they seemed fine enough and would not ill-treat Boyce.


So I told ASD that I was comfortable with the family. And they took him this morning, 10.30 am. I met Boyce on 24 feb, 10.30am and he left me for a good family on 17 mar, 10.30am. Happily let him go, gave him my blessings and thought that I would not be so sad. He did not even look back, whine or bark. Mico still attemped to follow him.


Immediately upon reaching home, I can feel the silence in my house. No longer can I hear whining. Despite being irritated by his whining everyday and the need to bring him down to pee & poo without fail every day and night, I still think of him fondly.


He made progressed from a mad dog to a more obedient dog. Knows how to sit, down, come & respond to his name. When I brought Mico down for a walk, it was back to just Mico & me. I missed Boyce. We walked along the path we walked daily and I can acutely feel his absence. Missed the times when I saw Dar run with both of them. Mico was also sniffing away the places which he loved to pee.


Only a mere 3 weeks can my heart melt to a stubborn dog. My fostering experience, full of hardship & joy. Hardship is when he would whine and bark to wake up this pack of lazy bones without fail, mopping up after him when he leaked pee, finding time to go for vacination & sterlisation. Joy is when he started to be obedient and endearing. I did not regret fostering him.


Why din I adopt him? He did not fit into my lifestyle. Such an active dog would not do so well in my household when my working hours are so irregular. Will I foster a dog again? If I have the time and energy, I would.

Pictures of our family the night before Boyce was adopted.

4 comments:

Pooky said...

Boyce looks very cute in this picture. Of cos you'll miss him but soon you and Mico will get over it lar.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for fostering him. From the picture he has taken with you and HT, Boyce seems to have gain weight. Look at that rounded tummy. I am sure he will miss you guys and Mico too.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your kindness in taking him in.

Cheers!

Tan Hai Tat said...

yar. it had gained alot of weight. from initial you touch his back is all bone de. very skinny ;-)

wif us enjoy life. Good food Good drink Good treats ;-) hahaha

Anonymous said...

LOL... You guys really treat him well. Its not easy to make a fussy eater gain weight. He will miss the TimberWolf kibbles. canned food and milk mix he has been eating and most of all will be his eating companion Mico... Glad to hear that Boyce had bonded with his new family. :)